The church of St Ewen’s stood where the old Council House was built (now the Bristol Registry Office). It was demolished in 1820 and the parish had previously consolidated with Christchurch in 1788. The font from the old church (probably C17th) survives and can be seen in Christchurch. The full name of the consolidated parish is now “Christchurch with St Ewen”.
St Ewen, or Owen or Auden, can probably be identified with a saintly Archbishop of Rouen who died A.D. 683.