History of Kingwood Forest
Author: A Braine (member of Kingwood History Society Committee 1891)
£10.50 + postage & packing
A hardback book which tells the early history of the forest of Kingswood which stretched from the River Severn in Bristol to Kingsweston, up to Dyrham north of Bristol, over to Pucklechurch where the Palace of King Edmund, grandson to Alfred the Great was sited, and in the south Kingswood, Bitton & Hanham – an area of approximately 18 square miles. A large part of the forest was mined for coal supplying the city and neighbourhood, the trees were cleared for agriculture, building and fuel.
The book details the history of people, ancient manors and villages and places of worship in the area as well as trade and manufacturing businesses based in and around Kingwood from A.D.1216 to the late 1800’s.
15 Hale Horn Close
Bristol, BS32 8AG
• By personal visit to the Research Room, members' meetings and family history fairs.
Methods of payment:
We accept payment in pounds sterling by cash or by cheque drawn on a UK bank. We are unable to accept foreign currency. Cheques should be made payable to: "Bristol & Avon Family History Society".
Postage and packing for 1 book:
UK, Channel Islands & Isle of Man: £2.55
Europe & Republic of Ireland: £7.10
Rest of World: £11.25
If you wish to purchase multiple copies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a postage and packing quotation.