The 1891 census was carried out on the night of Sunday 5th April 1891 and is very similar in layout to the 1881 census.
The columns in the 1891 census are as follows:
- Number of schedule
- Road, street, etc and number or name of house
- Houses – inhabited or uninhabited (U) or building (B)
- Number of rooms occupied if less than five
- Name and surname of each person
- Relation to head of family
- Condition as to marriage
- Age last birthday of males/females
- Profession or occupation
- Where born
- Whether 1.Deaf and dumb, 2. Blind, 3.Lunatic, imbecile or idiot.
The 1891 census is available online at the websites listed on the Census page. It was also indexed by Bristol & Avon FHS volunteers, and this index is available on CD. Further details are available at Shop.
Details of the contents of the individual Volumes are as follows.
Piece Numbers in 1891 Census (RG 12) covering Our Area.
|RG 12 1929 - 1940||Bath|
|RG 12 1941 - 1945||Keynsham|
|RG 12 1946 - 1956||Bedminster|
|RG 12 1957 - 1965||Bristol|
|RG 12 1966 - 1993||Barton Regis (Clifton)|
|RG 12 1994 - 1997||Chipping Sodbury|
|RG 12 1998 - 2000||Thornbury|