Ordnance Survey Map – Bristol (NW) and Clifton 1882May 23, 2020
Ordnance Survey Map – Bristol (Redland) 1902May 23, 2020
Ordnance Survey Map – Bristol (NW) and Clifton 1901
Godfrey Edition published: 1998
Gloucestershire Sheet: 71.16b
Scale: 15 inches to the mile
Two versions of this map have been published, showing how the area changed across the years.
The maps cover a major area of Bristol, together with much of Clifton. Coverage stretches from Clifton College eastward to Stokes Croft, and from Brandon Hill and Bristol Bridge northward to Apsley Road and Chantry Road. The many features include Tyndall’s Park, Park Row, tramways, Victoria Rooms, Victoria Park, St Andrew’s church, Christ Church, Zoo, Clifton College, Clifton Down station, Cotham, Haymarket, St James church, Colston Avenue, St Nicholas church, tram depot, Royal Infirmary, Colston Hall, Cabot Tower, Turkish Baths, University College, St George’s church, Grammar School, Guildhall, Kingsdown, St Augustine’s Bridge, etc. Street extracts from contemporary street directories have been included on the reverse side.