Two versions of this map have been published, showing how the area changed across the years. This 1882 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful hand coloured Ordnance Survey 1st edition map.
The maps cover a major area of Bristol, together with much of Clifton. Coverage stretches from Clifton College eastward to Stokes Croft, and from Brandon Hill and Bristol Bridge northward to Apsley Road and Chantry Road. The many features include Tyndall’s Park, Park Row, tramways, Victoria Rooms, Victoria Park, St Andrew’s church, Christ Church, Zoo, Clifton College, Clifton Down station, Cotham, Haymarket, St James church, Colston Avenue, St Nicholas church, tram depot, Royal Infirmary, Colston Hall, Cabot Tower, Turkish Baths, University College, St George’s church, Grammar School, Guildhall, Kingsdown, St Augustine’s Bridge, etc. On the reverse we include street extracts from contemporary street directories.