Telling the early history of people, ancient manors and villages and places of worship in the area as well as trade and manufacturing businesses based in and around Kingwood from A.D.1216 to the late 1800’s.
The forest of Kingswood stretched from the River Severn in Bristol to Kingsweston, up to Dyrham north of Bristol, over to Pucklechurch where the Palace of King Edmund, grandson to Alfred the Great was sited, and in the south Kingswood, Bitton & Hanham – an area of approximately 18 square miles. A large part of the forest was mined for coal supplying the city and neighbourhood, the trees were cleared for agriculture, building and fuel.
Author: A Braine (member of Kingwood History Society Committee 1891)
Hardback, 288 pages and a map