Bunhill Fields (Redcross Street, Bristol)
Published: August 2018
£5.00 (only available as a downloadable PDF file from our GENfair stall)
This publication contains two recently discovered registers for the Bunhill Fields Burial Ground located in Redcross Street, Bristol. Little is known about this burial ground but there is evidence of its administration by Congregationalists during the period covered by these registers. St Matthias Park (opened in 1886) now occupies the site of this Burial Ground. Available only as a downloadable PDF file.
Containing approximately 7600 records with bookmarked surname and chronological indexes.
The following information is included:
• Date of the burial service
• Where from - a street name, sometimes accompanied by a parish or district
• The hour - presumably the time of the burial but not used within the registers
• Common grave
• Family grave
• Family vault
• Figures - possibly the location of a grave within a section of the burial ground
• Letters - possibly a section of the burial ground
• Grave digger's fee - stated in shillings and pence
• Funeral fee - stated in pounds, shillings and pence
• Notes - this column was added at the transcription stage for comments
plus a comprehensive set of introductory notes.
Where to purchase:
• From our stall on the GENfair website.